Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

Client certificate problems  
by Luke [luke_peters at yahoo dot com]
posted on 2005/04/25

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating SSL connections that use client certificates. I can connect fine with just server certificates, but with client certificates it suddenly starts throwing up numerous different kind of errors, or just dropping the connection, seemingly capriciously. I have implemented my own verification methods, and so the certificates are verified ok, but it tends to just connect very briefly before losing the connection again (I assume this is the connection doing some handshaking before failing). I thought it might be an implementation issue for my program, but i wrote a simple echo-esque client to test it, which exhibited the same behaviour. I've tried changing various settings in the SecurityOptions (SslAlgorithms, etc.) but the only change that works is removing the client authentication by setting SecurityFlags to default. Are their any known issues with the implementation of Client certificates? I'm using XP SP2 and the latest build of the security library, and just running my client/server on localhost with arbitrary ports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.