Software License
Mentalis.org Buttons
Donate

Forums -> Security Library Forum

S/MIME capability  
by Tony [netexpert4hire at yahoo dot com]
posted on 2004/03/26

Hello everyone,

Let me first say that the security library is awesome!

I looked through the code (real quick) searching for S/MIME capability but didn't see anything at first glance. I searched through the FAQ also.

I have a small project that has some smtp capability, and needs to send secure email with s/mime.

The rest of the project is complete...it is just missing s/mime. Can you tell me if it is possible to use this library to finish up my project? If not, do you know of anywhere that might have c# or vb.net s/mime code I could get my hands on.

I am probably going to end up donating to this project in any case...you guys rock!

posted on 2004/03/26

When I said FAQ, I meant forum...see what happens when you type without thinking.

Thanks in advance for your time!

by Pieter Philippaerts [Pieter at mentalis dot org]
posted on 2004/04/01

The Security Library does not offer support for S/MIME.

posted on 2004/04/05

It looks like functions exist to accomplish part of the work...i.e. reading X509 certificates, creating a private 3DES key and IV, ...it is only the final encoding that seems to be missing.

Could you give me an idea of what functions I would need to create, if I get it working...I would gladly share the code so that it could be included in this library. I am sure S/MIME would be valuable for a lot of developers.

If this simply would be too much work with this library, are there an other "managed" resources you would suggest? We can't do unmanaged calls.

Copyright © 2002-2007, The Mentalis.org Team. All rights reserved.
This site is located at http://www.mentalis.org/
Send comments to the webmaster.